Performing Artists (Click on Artist for Reviews and Previews)
18 & over
Two items minimum per person
Joey Coco Diaz:
Born in Havana, Cuba and raised in North Bergen, NJ, Joey ‘Coco’ Diaz has quickly
become one of the most sought after actors and comedians in the entertainment
industry today. His love of storytelling is reflected in each role he takes: whether it is on
film or on stage, his passion for entertaining and delighting audiences shines through
every performance. This winter, Diaz can next be seen starring as ‘Mikey’ opposite
Sylvester Stallone, Robert De Niro, Kevin Hart, and Kim Basinger in the highly
anticipated feature film “Grudge Match” (Warner Bros.).
Diaz’s start in comedy began while serving a short stint at a correctional facility in
Denver, CO in 1988. “Each Wednesday we would watch movies on the projector, but
sometimes it would break,” he shares, “so I would get up and do stand up to fill the
time.” Learning he had the skills to make an audience laugh, he pursued comedy after
his release and began performing at an assortment of comedy clubs in the area. While
he was touring as a working comic, he began acting in a variety television and film
roles. You may recognize him from his appearances in “The Mentalist”, “Children’s
Hospital”, “My Name is Earl”, or “General Hospital” - to name a few. On the film
front, Diaz has held roles in “The Longest Yard”, “Spider Man 2”, “Smiley Face”,
and “Taxi”, among others.
In 2013, Diaz continues to perform stand up and act, while also staying on top of the
new media move in podcasting. Currently, Diaz hosts his bi-weekly podcast “The
Church of What’s Happening Now,” which ranks among some of the most highly
downloaded podcasts online. He is also a regular guest on Joe Rogan’s popular
podcast “The Joe Rogan Experience.”
On the comedy front, Diaz continues to tour and perform at the biggest comedy clubs in
the country. His comedy specials in “The Testicle Testaments” have sold thousands of
downloads, and have even made it to the Billboard Top 100. Diaz’s raw style of
comedy is highlighted on television with recurring sketch roles on “Stand Up Revolution”
and “Jimmy Kimmel Live.” Later this year, Diaz will release his new DVD/CD special -
which will surely top the charts once more.
- The ticket price does not include any food or beverages. All menu items are ordered the night of the show.
- 8:00 pm dinner shows are seated on first come first served basis. Doors open at 6:30pm for seating.
- 10:30 pm shows are assigned seats according to date reservation made (e.g. earliest advanced ticket purchase = best seats)
- If you purchased tickets to a 10:30 pm show and would like to be seated together with another party, please call The DC Improv at 202-296-7008 and inform us ahead of time.
- All tickets purchased to shows with the phrase "hosted in The Comedy Lounge" or "hosted in our side room" are only valid for shows in our Comedy Lounge.